Rob and I finished framing out all the walls yesterday! We had quite a few pieces to add since our last post… studs we had left out to make screwing easier, window supports, the other gable end, the loft etc.
The finished framing!
We used ratcheting straps to pull this piece into perfect square before attaching the loft. They work surprisingly well!
Not screwing up when screwing up. Seriously theses screws were kind of a pain to install — because of in-line framing techniques, we were always screwing inside a stud.
We used an I-beam configuaration for the loft joists to resist bending.
Just a few more pieces…
Tiny house selfie!
Cutting out the window rough openings is easy with a jigsaw! To start a side, cut a curve around the corner, then go back and take the last bits off.
Steel plates are useful for attaching pieces when the screwgun won’t fit into a small space.
Up on the loft measuring!
Loft is awesome! I won’t be able to stand in it for long though!
My turn with the screwgun… Rob’s elbow was hurting from too much use.
Proton enjoys the lack of walls.
We also added a couple of pieces of sheathing last weekend, with the help of our friends Casey & Eric (who is a screwgun master). This weekend, we finally figured out what the jigsaw is perfect for — cutting out the window rough openings in the sheathing.
Our painted subfloor is holding up great! It’s been raining almost everyday, but there hasn’t been any lamination or warping.
Up next, roof rafters (I’m a little scared)!