This is our to-do list of tiny house construction items (not necessarily in the right order)… we’ll be adding to it over time, and as we write a relevant post, it will be linked here!
get a trailer remove rust from trailer (sad face) build floor framing attach aluminum flashing attach floor framing to trailer fill in floor joists with insulation cut & attach subfloor/flooring pull off first ruined subfloor & put second one on attach scissor jacks & level trailer build wall framing build loft framing build roof framing add plywood sheathing to walls & roof install roof window pick out & install metal roofing add rigid insulation to the walls install windows install housewrap & furring strips install front door build tiny shed on the hitch install siding build planter box
- build stairs
frame interior walls
- run electric
- run plumbing, including grey water tank
- install pocket door for bathroom
- build a tiny couch with storage & table
- install & tile shower
- make a composting toilet
- buy & install appliances
- buy & install mini-split air conditioner
- install fireplace?
- build kitchen counters & cabinets
- build utility cabinet to house propane, water, batteries
- run propane lines
- build a couch with storage
- finish interior walls
- build some between-stud shelving
- solar system installation
Wow, we’ve got a lot to do!!